Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Looneys, Looneys and Cheryl Cole


Howay the Lums,

Just thought I'd give the mad Geordie fugitive a bit of acknowledgement. Its been a while since we had a looney hiding out in the woods. I can vaguely remember one years ago,some ex-SAS man, as they always claim to be went a bit loopy and hid in some bushes in England somewhere. I mean, come on, its not like its the great North West frontier, with a million square miles of trees to hide in, no, here its more likely to be a Christmas tree farm, bordered on one side by the A465 and on the other by a Tesco. Anyway, good luck to him, by that I don't mean I hope he has good luck in killing some coppers. What I mean is, I hope he survives the ordeal to live out a long and repetitive life in Bradford jail or wherever.

Cheryl Cole catching Malaria, whats the chances? I bet that mozzy is on the front page of every tabloid and gossip mag in Mosquitoland. "My night with Cheryl" it'll be selling its story through the mozzy equivalent of Max Clifford, hes probobaly called Buzz Clifford and will end up getting into the next Tanzanian Celebrity Big Brother House.
We've not heard the last of this though, Cheryl will leave hospital, give a little pathetic wave to the Paps in her oversize sunglasses from a wheelchair after her near renal collapse and the gossip mags will say how fabulous she looks. Next thing will be the celebrity malaria diet. Lose a dress size in just two weeks, smear yourself in jam and run around the Congo and watch the pounds just fall off. may be lifetime lasting side affects, up to and including death.

I discovered the greatest job title in Britain today, well on the face of it probably, but I don't know all the ins and outs just yet. Now, when you hear what the job title is, you'll think I've just forced in, at broken bottle point, a couple of lazy, childish innuendos, and I haven't, honest. Anyway, you may, or may not know where I work, but within my ever expanding extended family of colleagues, there is to be, someone filling the post of, and I cant wait to see his ID badge, BUMSPOTTER. Not bad work if you can get it, unless its the bumspotter for weight watchers or someone.

I made decent time getting away from Canary Wharf today, which meant I was standing waiting for the 181 bus from Lewisham train station to somewhere beyond my horizon called Grove Park, at about 5pm. This would normally be a good thing, but its most definitely not. You see, 4.30pm is obviously when the day-care centres or care in the community initiatives shut up shop and turn there own collection of dribbling, starey faced phsychos back into balanced and non-murderous society.

The 181 bus has, like all buses, a little barely noticeable sign as you enter. 38 seating, 43 standing and 13 mentals gripping their rattan shopping bags and rocking back and forth like its the reins of a Grand National runner with a gammy leg.
I offered one old lady a seat, well, I tried to, she ignored me first of all, then when I tugged at her aforementioned shopping bag, she gave a little yelp and jump, like I had come to take her for her shock treatment again. She gave me a look, through big foggy specs and blurted out, SEAT! Like Father Jack shouts DRINK! then just scuttled up the back of the bus as quick as she could and kind of curled up around her bag on the back seat.

I had 5 minutes spare today, so I played a little game I had heard of in Charlie Brookers new book, its not much fun, so don't get excited, but at least you can play it on your own, which is a bonus for me. That Frisbee I bought is one of my most stupid purchases ever. Anyway, WikiRussianRoulette is the awkward and probably trademark contravening name I have given it. What you have to do is go to Wikipeadia and select random article 3 times and see if you know any of them.
Today I had

#1, Pete Wilhoit, the drummer from rock band Fiction Plane,
#2 A418, a trunk road that begins in a roundabout north of Ascot and goes all the way to Aylsebury and
#3 Huachac District, which is one of nine districts in the Peruvian province of Chupaca.

in fact, i had to have 18 more goes until someting came up that I even had the faintest awareness of, and that was two-step, yes, the dance. I bet Stephen Fry knows like, everything.

Lang may yer lum reek.


1 comment:

  1. How can buying a frisbee be a stupid purchase? Pop up to the midlands for a day or two and you'll be able to make good use of it! We have a big green (well yellow) patch of land across the road, you could call it a field or a park - your might have seen one when you were in Scotland. Anyhow . . . it's just perfect for throwing a frisbee about!

    ReplyDelete