Monday, June 7, 2010

I'll get you Butler !


Habari ya jioni sigara motos,

Greetings in Swahili tonight as my world cup excitement gets close to overflowing. I love it, every minute. I measure the passing of time in World Cups, each one since 1978 has its own significance and marks some part of life.

London transport is good, I'm a fan generally but the Buses really do run to their own agenda. Tonight for instance two number 181 buses drove right past the bus stop, one of the drivers giving a cheery little wave as he passed by, I would have been happier if he'd flicked us the V's. My theory is that 6pm is the time when the shifts change and the bus drivers were in a hurry to get back to the depot. Eventually a 181 did stop but by that time 3 busloads of passengers had pitched up, and when its that busy you have no say about where you sit or stand, you just get pressed in until you come up against something solid, in my case tonight, it was 3 baby buggies with noisy snotty toddlers with little fists full of Wotsits and an apparent need to wipe their hands on my trousers.

I gave an induction course today for a big bunch of new starts at work. I was trying to explain techniques for creating strong passwords for your computer. One good way I told them, is to think of a familiar or meaningful phrase, and turn it into an acronym. For instance ECOOWCE is an acronym from the easy to remember "England Crash Out Of World Cup Early". It didn't get the laugh I had anticipated.

I've been giving some thought to my mis-spelt movie titles from my dvd collection.
Schindlers Lift, The story of Oskar Schindler who helped Warsaw Jews escape persecution by taking them to the top floor.
Cool Hand Puke, Paul Newman in the story of a man who failed to conform to Bulimia.
My favourite is the tale of rogue gonads terrorising the North Ayrshire coast, Baws. Just when you thought it was safe.
The Wild Brunch, 11am and ageing inlaws are not happy with the quality of the bruschetta.
Planet of the Papes, Space travelling wee free ministers crash land on a planet run by tall hatted cardinals.
Finally, The Da Vinci Cod, something stinks in the Vatican vaults. Thats not bad is it? I'm sure there are more.

I've just been reading about the fox attack on those two babies. There are a lot of foxes down here, they reckon 27 in every square mile, and they are quite bold as well but I was reading that they had put traps out after the attack and caught and killed a fox, but there not sure its the same one. I thought that's a bit harsh, sounds like more of a lynching. Does a fox get a kangaroo court do you think?

Every time I upload one of these blogs, I have to type in a couple of security words and I have begun to look forward to what they might be. The words always come in pairs and its how they go together that has gotten me hooked. Look at these from my last 9 uploads.
Wallick (no ideas what or who a wallick is) their
entreat social
employed the (I felt this was a bit of a dig at me at the time)
no hassle
weaning the
hazleton you
and passport
funniest even
and a favourite of mine, joggles to. I can only have a stab what joggling might be, I think maybe its the word to describe the rare, early morning runs of very fat people.

Lang may yer lum reek

No comments:

Post a Comment